Is Your Business Out of Control?
Do You Need Help Putting the Systems, Processes, People, and Support Structures in Place for Greater Profits, Increased Productivity, and More Free Time?
If So, You May Be Ready to Hire an OBM (Online Business Manager)!
Do you feel like your business has gotten away from you?
Are you in danger of being swept away in a torrent of appointments, work, deadlines and technology, all jostling like boulders in the rapids of your personal life? (You know, the one you don’t seem to have right now?)
Are you struggling to keep up with your business and everything else in your life, caught like a paper boat in a whirlpool? Or perhaps you’re simply left in the wake, trying to keep your head above water; no time or energy for anything else?
Are you missing out on fantastic opportunities to expand your business, make more money, connect with more people, and get your genius out into the world on a larger scale, because you’re caught up in the day-to-day minutiae?
Have you hit a wall with your income and can’t figure out how to move past it, no matter how much time, effort or energy you throw at the problem?
If this describes you – if you’re in a constant state of overwhelm and it’s hard to keep track of everything that’s happening in your business, and what needs to be done next – I have the solution for you.
You Need to Hire an OBM... You Need to Hire Me!
An OBM is defined as:
“A virtual support professional who manages an online business, including the daily management of projects, operations, team members, and metrics.”
The purpose of an OBM is:
“To free up the business owner so that you can focus your time and energy on the things that only YOU can do in your business.”
So what exactly does an OBM do, you ask?
Every OBM will have their own areas of expertise. The four key areas I specialize in are:
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Team Management, and
- Financial Management
Within each of those areas, there are countless ways I can help manage your business, freeing you up to focus on the crucial business building activities like marketing strategy, closing sales, working with clients, product development, strategic alliances, and big picture business planning — all of which are essential to the growth of a business and move you closer to realizing your ultimate vision.
In order for you to take your business to the next level, you need to pull yourself out of the day-to-day management activities and focus on growth.
My job is to take all the other things off your plate and make sure they get done. Although I may not be the one actually doing all of the work, I will be the one responsible for establishing and managing the systems, processes, and people that do.
Here's Just a Taste of What I Can Do For You...
- Creation of a project plan, including timeline, process, people and other resources
- Setup and maintenance of an online project management tool
- Delegating details of the project to various team members
- Communication of project status and ongoing details to all players
- Following-up with players as necessary to ensure that “stuff gets done” on time
- Managing the budget for the project
- Handling challenges for the project as they arise, with a focus on finding a solution quickly
- Review of the key systems needed to run a business, including customer service, billing, communication, back-ups, marketing, follow-up and delivery
- Creation of processes, tools and players for key systems within the business
- Implementation of automated business tools & software to manage various systems
- Creation and maintenance of your Standard Operating & Procedures (SOP) Guide
- Management of all client payments and collections process
- Management of systems access and login information
- Ensuring there is an effective backup system in place for all information (including the business owner’s computer!)
- Establish decision making guidelines for team members
Manage your Revenue Streams
- Manage the production and completion of revenue streams including:
- Books & workbooks
- Multimedia products
- Membership programs
- Virtual Events
- Live Events
- Coaching Programs
- Manage the setup of any applicable tools or software for different revenue streams (i.e.: setting up a membership site using WordPress & WishList Member)
- Manage the deliverability of revenue streams (i.e.: setting up a download page for an ebook)
- Ensure customer service is in place to support each revenue stream
- Ensure that systems are in place so that new clients get immediate access to their purchases
- Setup of fulfillment for any tangible/shippable items
- Manage the ongoing maintenance of revenue streams
- Review revenue streams on a regular basis to look for outdated information or opportunities to refresh/relaunch
Manage your Website
- Review content on all websites to look for outdated or incorrect information
- Managing all updates to website content (either themselves or by hiring a technical VA)
- Managing the creation of any new websites
- Finding and managing web/blog designers, graphic designers and copywriters as required
- Setting up everything “behind the subscribe button” for list building
- Setting up everything “behind the buy button” for purchases
- Testing all links, forms and buy buttons on the website to look for errors and inconsistencies
- Ensuring Google Analytics (or some other statistics program) is in place on all websites
- Ensuring the social media applications/plugins are in place
- Sourcing testimonials for inclusion on web pages (as required)
- Setting up a store page that lists all your products/offerings
Manage your Affiliate Program
- Work with business owner to establish details for their affiliate program
- Setting up the affiliate program in the shopping cart
- Setting up a resource page for affiliates
- Coordination of promotional materials for various promotions
- Keeping in touch with affiliates to advise of upcoming promotions
- Follow-up with affiliates as needed to support their promotions
- Managing payment of affiliates
Manage your JV Partnerships
- Managing the implementation of any JV partner projects
- Creating the project plan for JV partner projects
- Coordinating with members of the JV partner’s team
- Communicating key details to the players involved
- Following-up with JV partners and/or the business owner as needed to bring the project to life
- Identify team needs based on current business goals and projects
- Create measures of success for the role
- Determine what type of specialist would be the best fit
- Craft job posting/details
- Blast opportunity out there via various networks
- Filter initial responses and review portfolios
- Setup interviews
- Narrow choices after initial interviews and request proposal
- Setup second interview (if necessary)
- Check references from other clients
- Review proposals from preferred candidates
- Making the offer to selected candidate
- Ensure there is a signed contract in place for all hires
- Create communication plan with new team members
- Get them proper information and/or training for their role
- Regular reporting on measures of success for their role
- 90 Day Review (for long term) or End of Project Review (for project only)
- Keeping the team motivated in their work
- Handling team challenges as they arise
- Managing the team budget and expenses
- Keeping track of key statistics for the business on a weekly & monthly basis
- Setting up a reporting system that includes what to track
- Analyzing metrics and discussing trends/patterns with business owner
Manage your Newsletter Schedule
- Establish your newsletter publication schedule
- Establish your promotional schedule
- Manage your lists
- Help create a professional newsletter template
- Ensure that newsletter is published on schedule
- Review content for newsletter
- Manage ads and other promotional material to be included in newsletter
- Manage solo emails and other promotions being sent to the list
- Coordinate with affiliate and JV partners as required for cross promotions
Manage your Launches
- Setup a launch plan based on strategy from the business owner
- Ensure that key players are in place for each stage of the launch
- Establish a clear promotional schedule for each phase of the launch
- Work with a copywriter for launch materials (if necessary)
- Work with affiliate partners (as outlined in next section)
- Manage creation of the sales page
- Keep everyone on task throughout the launch and stay on top of any “dropped balls”
- Support the business owner as needed throughout the launch
- Be “on call” the day of the launch to take care of any urgencies/changes
- Update all websites and other marketing materials after the launch
- Ensure that the offering itself is delivered as promised
Managing Speaking Engagements
- Preparation of Speaking Kit
- Reviewing speaking requests on behalf of the client
- Confirming details of speaking agreement
- Coordinating details with Host
- Managing Travel
- Preparation of all speaking materials in advance
- Ordering of any products to be sold on-site
- Onsite management (as required)
Manage your Marketing Implementation
- Managing the day-to-day implementation of the business owners marketing strategy, which could include:
- Affiliate (Joint Venture) Marketing
- Article Marketing
- Audio/Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Publicity & PR
- SEO & Pay per Click Marketing
- Social Media
- Speaking Engagements
- Traditional “offline” Marketing
- Establishing a team to take care of the ongoing marketing activities (as required)
- Reviewing autoresponders and follow-up sequences on a regular basis (for outdated information and accuracy)
- Reviewing upsell opportunities in the buying process
- Reviewing pink spoon “freebies” for refreshment
Free up the Business Owner!
- Reviewing where the business owner is spending their time
- Proactively taking stuff off the business owner’s plate that they don’t need to do (and might not realize they can let go of)
- Acting as gatekeeper on behalf of the business owner
- Creating an email management system for the business owner
- Setting up a scheduling system for the business owner
I thought so! 🙂
Now, this won’t all happen overnight. It takes time. The groundwork needs to be laid and priorities needs to be set. We’ll work together to figure out which areas of your business need help the most, and make sure your personal needs are also considered.
Then I’ll put together the plan, and execute it.
Let me ask you this: If in the next 3-6 months, we could whip your business into shape and empty your plate of all the things you hate doing or just don’t have the time, energy, or inclination to do…
What would be different?
- How would it change the way you run your business?
- The way you live your life?
- The way you relate to your clients?
- The time you spend with your family?
Most business owners look to hire an OBM when they simply cannot grow their business anymore being the only one in charge. You’ve reached the point where you have a solid business plan, revenue is flowing in, and you’re tired of being the one who has to “take care of everything.”
Well, you don’t have to live or work that way anymore.
Not sure you need my help?
Where might you be today if you had the help you needed a year ago?
And where might you be a year from now, if you get the help you need today?
Perhaps a year or two ago, you had a vision of what your business would look like. The products and services you would be offering. The money you would be making. The events you’d be hosting or speaking at. The places you would travel. The alliances you would make.
You were excited about all the wonderful things that were going to happen to you, and you were thinking that by now, you would have all that, right?
So what happened?
Do you have everything you envisioned? And was it as easy as you thought it would be? If you don’t have the proper systems, processes, people, and support structures in place…
Now, you may be wondering why you should even listen to me.
Well, I’ve been self-employed for pretty much my entire adult life (20+ years). I actually started my first business when I was 13, but I don’t count anything before I was legally allowed to be in business for myself.
I was mostly involved in service businesses (fitness training, web & graphic design, publicity, computer tutoring, bookkeeping) for the first several years. Then as a member of Robert G. Allen’s Protégé Program, I sold my first information product in 2001. I’ve successfully sold a variety of both physical and digital products online ever since, while still providing professional services as my main focus.
I started my first affiliate marketing website in 2005 and grew it into a full-time income within the first three months, growing a list of over 10,000 subscribers in the process. I have created, owned, and sold several affiliate marketing websites since.
I’ve had experience with both the doing and the managing of pretty much every aspect of online business, selling both digital and physical products, as well as services. I’ve served as the “right hand” to a wide variety of clients from creative artists and musicians, to doctors, lawyers, and mechanical engineers.