While the process of actually writing an e-book is not exactly passive, once it’s written, the selling of the e-book can be done passively. This is one final strategy everyone can use – and in fact you can do this straight away. It can even help you to become known and respected in your niche.
- You can sell your e-book directly through your Autoresponder as an email to subscribers
- You can create a physical product with fulfillment companies such as Vervanté
- You can upload it to Amazon in PDF format
- You can sell it through Amazon’s Kindle store
This latter technique is currently the latest, greatest thing and has many advantages, including harnessing the power of Amazon and all its promotional resources, It is also fairly easy to do – but do read all the guidelines. Amazon’s Kindle store has been flooded with so much, shall we say “crap,” as marketers of all types have caught on to the incredible opportunities, prompting Amazon to tighten and change their conditions all over.
Even so, it still remains one of the easiest and best techniques for creative passive income and building your reputation, so it’s well worth looking into.
Here are some tips to help you avoid common Kindle traps – and make the most money:
- Remember that Kindle readers only display graphics in black-and-white, so don’t go hog-wild hiring a color illustrator
- Remember that Kindle does not support footnotes
- Don’t use PLR or public domain books for Kindle – no matter what the “experts” tell you! Amazon scans for unique content and will reject e-books that don’t pass
- Do concentrate on originality and high value
- Make sure you put your book in the right category
- Do study current offerings in the Kindle store for clues as to what is currently “hot.”
Starting A Business 1-2-3
The premier step-by-step interactive training system
for starting your business with confidence and clarity
Module 1: Research and Development